


Took off this morning for a long walk with my faithful hound. The island is quiet and a bit brisk as we approach winter. The roads still have a bit of ice and the field became damp as the sun began to rise. As I left this morning I turned to look at the trail leading to the cabin and realized that it is a familiar and favorite view of mine. For fifty years now I have come to this magical place. I have gathered here with family and many friends over the years. The fate of this place is unknown at this point--so I relish every moment I can spend enjoying the view, the cabins and the memories.
Today's photo's take us on a journey from the 1960's to the present. Through the imaginative spirits of the folks at Picnik i was able to put a "1960's" filter on the first image. The second is my own creation with Photoshop.
The third shot is of my dog--looking glorious in the morning sun.
Shot Thought: Trial shots were shot tripod mounted and at f22 for clarity. The first shot has the 1960's filter. The second shot I blurred out to create a surreal feel--but kept the sign sharp.
No comments:
Post a Comment