

Does anyone else out there with teenagers have this problem? My greatest challenge right now seems to be accepting the fact that my daughter is quite comfortable in the surroundings of her room. She does more than fantastic work in school, she is good friend, she has a great sense of humor...generally she is a good person doing good things in the world. But, HER ROOM IS DRIVING ME CRAZY!! (She knows this...) I have tried through the years all manner of tactics...from bribes to threats...no affect. I believe the longest her room has stayed "moderately picked up" was approximately 43 1/2 minutes. For fear of sounding like my mother--"Mark...clean your room..." over and over and over and over again--and, to no avail in the 15 years I lived with the two of them...my latest tactic is to simply request all "living matter" be removed each evening...and simply, closing the door. I will get my time in two and a half years when she is off to college--at which point, I will mostly likely miss her mess and wish desperately that she were home!
Second shot is of our outing to the latest Harry Potter movie! Great fun...but half of the first half of the book...was missed.
Shot Thought: Quick grabs in these busy times.
No comments:
Post a Comment