Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Photo a Day (164): Say Yes To The Dress


OK, so I didn't think I would ever say this...but this guy is pretty cool. (Actually, I never would have said that because, until tonight...I did not have a clue who he was!) This is Randy Fenoli with my daughter at a "Say Yes To The Dress" event at her school. Randy is the brother of one of the high school science teachers and he came to the school to help with our annual fund raising efforts. He had pictures taken with folks, signed autographs on his 8x10 glossy...and gave a nice presentation on "doing what you love". He told great stories about growing up on a farm (and hating it) and making macrame pot holders out of the strings on the bails of hay. He bought a dress pattern from McCall's at age 9 (because Marlo Thomas was on the front) and sewed his mom a dress. Thus began his love of fashion. He is a charismatic and colorful guy and it was wonderful of him to share his energy with our girls and school community. For those unfamiliar with him, he is now on a top rated "reality type show" called "Say Yes To The Dress"--finding brides the perfect dress--while also dealing with family dynamics around dresses and weddings.

Shot Thought: I was (last minute) asked to take pictures at this event. I had my lights set up, a black back drop--camera at f 4.5 and 1/125.

No comments:

Post a Comment