Monday, November 15, 2010

Photo a Day (163): Night Ride


A friend of mine gave me a very nice birthday present this year...a gift certificate to REI--a dream come true! I'm like a kid in a candy store when I go into REI! I love the smell, I love the gear, I love the gadgets...I have to touch everything! I knew exactly what I wanted--I bought an awesome headlight for my helmet and have discovered a whole new experience in night biking. I can ride in the pitch black and illuminate the trail or road. I took this shot after a rather rainy and windy ride tonight.

Shot Thought: This one was a little tricky--it was dark outside--and I had my headlamp on. I had to put it on a timed shot--but had nothing to focus on. I wound up holding a broom where my head would be in the shot to focus on that point. I ended doing a fairly intense edit with the reticulation filter--I liked the "edgy" and grainy look.

No comments:

Post a Comment