Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Photo a Day (17): Too Cool for Drool!


Once again, my faithful hound has made the photo of the day. Two concepts became abundantly clear to me this morning on my hike. First, dogs are really not into the UV benefits of sunglasses. Second, one, no matter how hard they try, cannot change the position of the sun. I wanted Mt. Si in the back drop of this image--but the sun was then positioned in front of the camera. I did not want to use a flash. But a mere 90 degree turn presented a wonderful (and very much appreciated) blue sky. Dog and photographer were happy.

Shot Thought: Again, I needed to position well for the overhead sun. Shutter speed was set high at 1/500sec to freeze canine movement (which is constant!), f5.6, center-weighted metering...and finally, my white balance set for sun!

No comments:

Post a Comment