
In the spirit of Father's Day I went with this image taken in Georgetown. I have fond childhood memories of my father with his super 8 movie camera. In fact, as a youngster I thought the movie camera was permanently affixed to his face! I loved our family evenings when we would gather in the family room and dad would fire up the movie projector. I can still hear the clackity-clack of its motor, the whoosh of the fan keeping it cool and the "thwap, thwap, thwap" of the film when reached the end of its reel. The film itself was silent (how Charlie Chaplin of us!)--but we relished in the jumpy visual memories. We would sit for hours and watch our family skiing, sailing or hanging out at the cabin. This image is dedicated to my father for providing and capturing all of those wonderful memories.
Shot Thought: This image was pieces of glass embedded in a larger piece of art. There was a lot going on in this piece--this is just a very small portion of whole presentation. The "super 8" caught my eye and I liked the green tones as well. The image was shot at f2.8, 1/50, ISO 100, WB cloudy and spot metered.
No comments:
Post a Comment