

Is anyone else eating as many satsumas as I am lately? I love these things and can't seem to get enough of them. So, they landed as my photo of the day today. I have always been a bit interested images used for advertising. It is amazing the "tricks of the trade" that are used in advertising photography. For instance, did you know that with cereal ads the cereal is actually floating in glue? The glue is white and the cereal remains nicely on the top thus showcasing it's wonderful qualities. For today's photo's the first image is the original. I also included one that I experimented with the color replacement tool. My thought on this shot also was that I was feeling the need to "brighten up" this incredibly rain filled day...IT IS DUMPING OUT HERE!!
Shot Thought: Lighting is everything in photography. This image had two lights behind white umbrellas. One light was held overhead (thank you to my assistant) and one was to the left--creating the right shadows. In this image I wanted all the satsumas to be in focus so my aperture was set at f22 and a shutter speed of 1 second. The ISO was set at 200. Focal length of 170mm.
I'm definitely addicted to satsumas too. Great photos!!
ReplyDelete