
As I was out on a quiet walk this morning in Monterey I heard this very odd sound off in the distance. I ventured toward the sound only to find hundreds (literally!) of seals on the shore and all the way up to the walking path where I stood. They were just waking up and making all sorts of interesting vocal noises. They were clamoring over one another--a flipper here, a whisker there. I was absolutely amused--standing there with my cup of most excellent coffee being incredibly entertained by this band of comical characters. About an hour later, my daughter and I ventured out along the same path only to see even MORE seals on this beach and sandy hill. We then went out to the wharf--only to see seals lounging in people's boats and dingys. They scamper right up into low setting boats and make themselves right at home. This image is of one ready for his kayaking adventure!
Shot Thought: Shot for clarity...f7.1, 1/1000sec--center metered and center focus.
No comments:
Post a Comment