Friday, March 25, 2011

Photo a Day (293): Lego Mania





Not a day of stellar images--but fun nonetheless! No classes today at school--just conferences--but many kids still at school for "child care". During one session the kids were playing games, building with lego's etc. I found myself deep into the process of building a pyramid with one of my favorite students (I know, we're not suppose to have favorites...OK, a really nice kid!) When the session was over and the kids were headed outside--I was officially "off the clock". I was determined to finish the pyramid. It was feeling quite "zen" at the moment. So, there I sat in a room by myself contemplating the world and all it's mysteries (waiting to go pick my daughter up...and filling the time!) Lo and behold, two of my co-workers show up in the room for what they called an "intervention". They were wildly concerned that I was playing with "children's toys" with no children around...and enjoying it! (There was so little to finish on the pyramid--my OCD side had to finish the project!!) So, on went the intervention...but as the third photograph of our librarian shows...Legos are addicting! I see it as "community building"!

Shot Thought: Pure fun and frivolity. (And not a lot of gray matter being utilized!)

No comments:

Post a Comment