



I can't think of a better way to spend an afternoon. (OK, maybe if it involved palm trees and tropical drinks with little umbrella's...) Anyway, what a great afternoon in Seattle at my favorite vinyl shop--Jive Time. I love this place, I love the guys that work there, I just love the vibe all around. I find that my shoulders slowly pull away from my ears, my heart starts beating a little slower and a big grin gradually slides across my face. A few shots today...the first of the sign outside the record joint. (Indulged in a little Bowie, Joe Jackson and Eddie and the Falcons today.) The second shot is of the tug boat, Galene. Spoke with the owner briefly. He and his wife are gradually moving their life to the boat as live aboard tenants. (I included some information on the tug and their experience below.) The last two shots are just quirky shots from Fremont. I love the door...like a secret passage way to somewhere unknown.
Shot Thought: Set up for evening shooting. It was beginning to get dark so I needed to up the ISO and widen the aperture.
Tug GALENE, LT464 is one of 61 originally built for the Department of Transportation (Army) in 1943 at the Northeast Ship Building Co. in Quincy, Mass.
There were ten tugs built on the East Coast, five in Quincy, Mass. and five in Minnifords Yacht Yard, City Island, N.Y. Out of the 61 tugs built on the east and west coast only four are still operational.
We found GALENE on Craig’s List in Portland, Oregon drove down on Labor Day weekend 2007 to look at her and purchased her November 2007. We worked on her one year and nine months to make her ready for the trip to Seattle.
With the help of friends and family we managed to repair, replaced or rebuild almost everything we touched. We worked on planks in the hull to cleaning fuel tanks to get the main engine and generators running.
After three Sea Trials we were ready to bring her back to Seattle. On August 29th at 7am we were under way down river to Astoria, OR. Departing Astoria the wind and sea conditions were 10 to 12ft swells with a 4-5ft wind chop, quartering sea rolling us 30 to 35 degrees.
No comments:
Post a Comment